Saturday, July 7, 2012

Dream Job

Last week, I was an EFY counselor, which has been my dream job for about 6 years now, and I have to say, it is not at all what I expected it to be. It was better... eventually. The first day, it was a really rough experience for me. I didn't know anyone, or what was going on, or what I should be doing, or what to expect. To put it lightly, I was totally clueless. I wanted to quit, even before the kids arrived, but I didn't. When the kids came, it was intimidating! I had 12 beautiful 15 year old girls, and I had no clue what to do with them! Slowly but surely, we came to know each other better, hour by hour, and day by day. I was in charge of these girls for a week, and it was so hard! Trying to teach them how to better feel the Spirit, how to study the scriptures, more about their divinity, it's a humbling thing to do! I did learn, that if I am teaching lessons, it's more for me as a teacher. But if I teach the girls, it is more for them, and I am a better tool in the Lord's hands for him to use to help these girls become the amazing women they were destined to be. I love being an EFY counselor. I have my second session starting tomorrow, and I can't wait! I've learned many things from this experience, and I can't wait to see what I learn this week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment