Friday, May 3, 2013

Successful Week!

If a week could get an award for the busiest, craziest, and best, it would be this past one! Let me share with you what can happen in a week:


I FINALLY was able to spend some time with this girl, we got to catch up on each other's lives, and of course made it a classic Jannette/Lindsey reunion with chocolate covered strawberries and fritos and avocados. It was a much needed bonding night. :)


This handsome missionary served in my ward in London...

He is now home, and came to Provo to visit! We got to hang out and had a blast, and reminiscing about London and life and such. :)


Kristen and Alex graduated! Both his family and our family came into town, and we took lots of pictures and ate good food and enjoyed each other's company. Needless to say, it was all about them. ;)


Kristen and Alex climbed a tree.... Well Alex climbed a tree, pulled Kristen up, and then Kristen climbed down Dad. This picture doesn't quite capture the hilariousness of the moment, but just imagine.


Kristen and I drove her car home on Saturday. We left at 7am, and drove 15 hours, listening to good music and just talking. It was my last real bonding time before she left for Puerto Rico. Luckily I will see her in July, and hopefully fly out to visit in Puerto Rico soon!


I flew back to Provo 2 days after driving back to Texas (because I needed to now drive my car home!), and this awesome guy picked me up from the airport! We had a few direction mishaps, but hey, I made it home eventually, and it gave us some good time to talk and laugh. He loves me :)


Upon arriving back at my apartment to gather my last few things and snag a few Z's before driving my car back, I had a birthday package on my bed from William!... He sent me a banana. It didn't quite make it intact, I had to blow dry his letter, because it was covered with squished rotten banana. He is great. And he gets home in 84 days, in case anyone was curious! 


So I drove my car home on Tuesday (yes, drove home Saturday, flew back Monday, and drove home again Tuesday) with Keyan. It was my first time meeting him, and he needed a ride to Lubbock, so I obliged. He was a fun passenger and we made it! Once in Lubbock, I got to spend the night with Mandie, my longtime best friend, and we got to stay up talking like the old times. I'm excited to spend a few months with her while we are actually in the same state! :)


Wednesday was Ashleigh's 13th birthday! Man, I cannot believe my baby sister is actually a teenager! I remember watching her as a baby, carrying her around, taking her to nursery and primary at church, fixing her hair, and watching Barney with her. Now she is very independent and doesn't need big sister as much! But we still do fun things together. I painted her nails for her birthday and we watched a movie, and had lunch with her and our parents. It was a good day. :)


And, since I am such a wonderful sister, I made her an arrangement at Dairy Queen! She went to the restroom, and of course I had to do something nice for her when she came back since it was her birthday! Surprising her with a Blizzard would be too easy, and hiding in the car might not have made her a happy birthday girl. So, I made her an arrangement on her drink! As you can tell, she loved it. :)


 I've gotten to spend some quality time with my Mom. :) I love doing just about anything with her, and we got to talk about our Europe travels! She went when she was in college, and I got back in December, and we got to go through her album and see what she saw and what we both saw. It was a good time. And of course baby Eddie had to join in on the fun!


Last night I got to relax and watch a movie with my family, but I forgot everything was finders keepers here! Eddie and Evie took over my blanket, so I watched the movie blanket less. I didn't have the heart to take it from them.


While we are talking about pets, this old lady (17 years old!) has been taking advantage of me being home and my bedroom door not being all the way shut, and every time I go in, she is sleeping on my bed. 

Yes, all of this happened in just a week! I know, be amazed. Haha it was a wonderful way to end the semester and start the summer! I am now home in Texas for the next 4 months, and I am excited to see what adventures are coming my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment