Thursday, July 25, 2013

Surprise Drowning

Do you ever have one of those days, where everything is just perfect. Nothing life changing really happens, but it is one of the best days ever? Monday was one of those days for me.

I was on Facebook that morning, and I saw that one of my best friend's (Shayla's) status was saying that she wanted to go fishing! Well, we had already planned on hanging out, so I asked her if she was serious about wanting, (which she was!) so I grabbed our fishing stuff and headed over!

We drove out to Buffalo Springs with a bit of a detour because my darn phone took us a few miles off course, but with her phone we made it there! We spent a good few hours fishing, but didn't even have any nibbles! We had switched locations 3 times, but nothing. It was still lots of fun just talking and enjoying the serenity of the lake.

Eventually we got in the lake to cool off and goofed off there. We had rock throwing contests, fun with the mud, trying to race, and just talking and enjoying each other's company. :) Shayla is great. She is one of my favorite people. She is always so positive and hopeful, and I was not expecting to catch any fish after we swam, because we had had no luck aaaaaall day, but she was determined to catch one that day!

So! We dried off and drove a bit farther around the lake, and found the Crappie house, and went in there to have our final fishing experience.

We were sitting there chatting, and we noticed that her line was slowly wandering towards me, and she reeled it up and found this little guy!


That was the first catch of the day, and granted it wasn't a fish, it was terribly exciting! After that, we caught a few more fishes and crawdad things, each one filled with it's own excitement and joy.





She was sad because this fishy was bleeding

 Finally called it a day and headed home!

We cleaned up at her house and went out to dinner at Taco Bell, and let me tell you, I was pretty sure I was going to choke and die from laughing so hard! For example, we were talking about snorkeling, and this was her comment:
"I don't even like snorkeling! It's like surprise drowning! You are swimming around looking at things and then water goes over the top of your tube and then you're choking."
It was the most unique outlook I have ever heard on snorkeling, but she did have a point!

Afterwards we went back to her place and watched a movie and then talked for a bit, until I finally headed home back to Levelland. I know this post doesn't quite do the day justice, but I figured it was blog-worthy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment