Thursday, December 12, 2013

A-B-Cs of my Past Three Weeks

Let's play the ABC song for what has been happening in my life as of lately.

Almost. 2013 is almost over. Halle-freaking-lujah.
Basketball. Over Thanksgiving break, I got to play some ball with my siblings, and it was a super good time. I love my family.
California. I will be there for Christmas. Be jealous. 
Despicable Me. I got to have a back to back showing of Despicable me 1 and 2, and it was such a good time. Great friends, great movies.
Elk. I hit an elk driving home from Utah, and the elk definitely destroyed my car.
Funny. My roommates think it's funny to lock me out and make me dance/sing in order to be allowed back into the apartment.
Games. This is one of my favorite things to do. I love love love going home and playing games with the family. 
Hugging. I hugged a stranger. I thought it was my friend Mandie, but definitely not. 
Institute. Somehow Jannette and I both missed the memo that institute was canceled, so we picked up a pizza and caught up instead.
Jigs. Freestyle dancing in the kitchen happens more often than it should in my apartment.
Kristin. Every Thursday Kristin and I have dinner together and watch a show. It is the perfect way to keep in touch with a loved one throughout the semester! I love this tradition.
Life. I love life. Lots is going on, decisions are being made and life is moving forward, and I am loving it all. (Even if sometimes I feel that my life is a joke sometimes. The big man upstairs has a sense of humor. Good thing I do too.)
Mashed potatoes. My mom is the best cook in the world. And my grandma. And for Thanksgiving, she made two things of mashed potatoes. Ashleigh and I battled for them. 
Nightmares. I have had nightmares every single night this week, and it is always a continuation of the night before.
Oy vey. Sometimes, all you need is to be held. Stress has finally caught up to me today, and I just need some quality time.
Projects. I have had projects and presentations due every day since Thanksgiving break, so two week's worth. It may not sound like a lot, but it is grueling. 
Quiet. When the weather gets snowy, the town gets quiet. I love walking down the streets and being able to actually hear myself think, along with the soft crunching of the snow.
Robert. I love my brother. He has been out on his mission for almost 9 months now! He is rocking it!
Stupid. It is stupid how much I love Taco Bell. And it doesn't help that Dani loves it too and helps me feed my addiction. 
TV. I get paid to watch TV. (Meaning I am a research assistant, and we are currently doing research on the popular TV show "Pretty Little Liars." Best job ever.)
Up. It's so easy to look around or even down in life, and as I remember to look up, things make so much more sense. 
Vacuum. Yeah, this needs to be a part of my life. I cleaned my room today, but we have cleaning checks on Saturday so... I need to jump on that.
Walks. I absolutely love walks. Over the break I walked the dogs with my mom, which was soooo good. And the stars were absolutely gorgeous!
X-treme. I got locked out of my apartment, so I had to climb through the window. It made me feel extremely satisfied that not even a locked door could keep me out. Ninjamode.
Yes. Yes I do need to go to bed.
Zipper. I zipped up my hair in my jacket about a billion times this week. I either need to chop it off, pull it up, or wear hoodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment