Thursday, January 9, 2014

Happy New(ish) Year!

Here is my first blog post of the New Year!... at least published one. This year has already been filled with some pretty big events that I will probably remember for a good while, but also little moments that I hope to remember for even longer. In honor of 2014, here are 2,014 things that have already taken place this year!... Hahaha psyche. Let's just do 14.

1. I am back in Provo. I spent the break in California, which I cannot express to you how healing and necessary those 2 weeks with family was. But alas, I am back in Provo for my last real semester at BYU. But, I am excited for all of my classes, and this semester should be a good one.

2. Our sweet cat, Tiger, passed away Monday night. We will miss her dearly, but are grateful she didn't suffer too long.

3. Lunches with Nicole. So this is one of the little things that would be easy to forget, but I really don't want to. Nicole is one of my favorite people in the world, and getting to take a break and see her in the middle of the day for lunch is seriously a highlight.

4. I interviewed for an EFY counseling position today, so crossing my fingers that I will get it! Also, shout out to Chris, who scraped the snow and ice off my truck today, so that I was able to get to my interview on time! (Seriously, I wouldn't have made it if I would have had to scrape it myself)

5. I am finishing up my application to intern/student teach this fall, so I will be assigned in the next couple months. This will be the turning point of my future, deciding if I teach, go back to school, serve a mission, work elsewhere, or move to Cali and become a beach bum. I haven't ruled out any of the options yet. ;)

6. My body is in so much pain, I can't even sleep throughout the night. I started a gymnastics class at BYU, because I tumbled as a kid and loved it! But turns out my 21 year old body is a bit different from my 12 year old body, and every muscle in my arms, shoulders, and back ache. My legs are okay, but that is about it. So... if anyone has any desire to give me a back massage, I wouldn't object, and would probably even feed you...

7. I have been really blessed this week with people who care, and Peter is no exception. He knew I was struggling, and came to my rescue and picked me up, made me dinner, and just spent some quality time with me. What a stud.

8. Speaking of studs, the same day as Pete took care of me, so did Braeden in the morning. I texted him when I woke up, and within 10 minutes he was over at my apartment, holding me while I cried. If that's not a true friend, then there is no such thing.

9. I got to have a pizza party with Jannette! She really does put up with me, and I love her for it. We hadn't gotten to really talk since before the break, so catching up and just spending time together was a blast. I enjoy her.

10. Also, I got to go get smoothies with Mandie and then dye her hair. She and I struggled last semester with finding time to do things together, and our friendship suffered a bit. It was nice to not just meet up on campus for a quick bite and then run, but to get to sit and talk to each other and really just enjoy each other's company like the good ol' days.

11. I got a parking citation. I was parked in the only parking lot in front of the building for my interview, and I come out and I have a nice little piece of paper on my windshield! But thankfully, there was no fine. So it is okay, but my heart still dropped when I saw it.

12. So this hasn't happened yet, but it is on the agenda so it is okay to share in this blog! I am going to be taking the truck back to Texas to pick up my car, and even though I just saw my family less than a week ago, I am going through withdrawals. I love them way too much.

13. I love hot tubbing. I don't get to do it very often, but I am a huge fan of it! Before school started, Nicole, Lauren and I went hot tubbing, and it was amazing. We should probably go again sometime.

14. And last but not least, home teachers are the best. One of mine picked me up from the airport, and I am so grateful that he was willing to do that. Then on Sunday Dani and I were able to go and visit our home teachers, and they are just rockin' men. I appreciate them a lot.

Basically, even though there are some not-so-great things that happen, there are always more good things that happen, if you look hard enough. Every day I have been blessed by numerous people that love me and make time for me, and I am so grateful for my loving Heavenly Father who has blessed me with these people, these opportunities, and these lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment