Saturday, March 31, 2012

Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes

I grew up singing the primary song "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes" almost every week, and had even learned it in Tongan one Sunday from some Tongan sister missionaries. I have never really thought too much of that song until today, and this is how I think this simple primary song applies to me.

Head- I must use my head. I need to get an education and fill my mind with worthwhile things. It is important that I put thought into the decisions I make, the words I say, and my actions. My head is where it starts. My thoughts, are where everything begins.

Shoulders- Life is hard. I will have many heavy burdens on my shoulders on a regular basis, some burdens heavier and more prolonged than others. These burdens will be do-able, and though not always enjoyable, there is always something to learn from them.

Knees- This is where I have been most of this year: on my knees. Many trials and tribulation have befallen me over this past year, and I have been in need of Divine help from above. Day after day I am dragged down to my knees, too weak to walk and move forward. But every time, after pouring out my heart and soul to my loving Heavenly Father, I can make it back to my feet to continue on this journey.

Toes- I must always move forward. Looking ahead in life, it is scary and unsure. I do not know exactly what my future holds, but I do know that if I take it one step at a time, and continue to put one foot in front of the other, taking life one step at a time, marvelous things can/will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment