Thursday, March 15, 2012

Words To Live By

I am a huge quote person. I. Love. Quotes. And I have heard some pretty good ones from people I know, people I don't know, and people I would like to know. Here are a few:

"God knows that some of the greatest souls who have ever lived are those who will never appear in the chronicles of history. They are the blessed, humble souls who emulate the Savior's example and spend the days of their lives doing good." -President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
 (I love this one because it really puts things into perspective on how to become great and accomplished. It spells it out very clearly how the Lord sees "great" people.)

"Gratitude is directly related to happiness." -My Mother
(How true this is! When I am down and decide to count my blessings, I realize that there is nothing to be sad about in the first place... at least in comparison to all of the good things! Thank you Mom for teaching me this at an early age.)

"For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.
 For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
 For beautiful hair, let a child run their fingers through it.
 For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone"
-Audrey Hepburn
(This one speaks for itself. Beauty comes from within.)

"Lindsey, trust me everything will work out. I am giving my will to the Lord for two years, so anything he gives me back will be for the best." -William
(This is the last text I received before he left for his mission. Trust in the Lord. That is what this tells me. My life is in His hands, and if I will let Him guide me, He will lead me on the path that He wants me to take.)

I've had many in depth conversations with friends and family about real topics. I live for those conversations. My most recent one has been with my roommate Kristin, and we talked about balance. She is someone worth talking to. I highly value her opinions and views, and if you don't know her, she is worth getting to know! She has many quotes as well, but none that quite come to mind right now, except for this one:

"Lindsey, you are good... good for nothing!!!"

Hahaha she is a great friend with a great sense of humor. Have a great day, and if you have any quotes you would like to share with me, please do! :)

1 comment: