Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Listening Ear

I think one of the best qualities a person can have is a listening ear. I am in college, states away from home, doing almost everything on my own. I have lots that goes on in my life. Good things, bad things, exciting things, boring things, things that make me laugh, and things that make me cry. Every day is a journey, every day I learn something new, whether it be about myself, or about something academic. Sometimes, I just get to thinking about things so much, and I just want to tell people about my day and what I'm thinking! But, what fun is it to tell someone who doesn't care to listen? Someone who rarely asks how you are, or barely gives a response when you talk? Let me tell you, ZERO fun. Today, I got to talk to my mom. I haven't talked to her in a while, and it was SO nice! She asked me about everything, and responded in a way that showed she was interested and listening, and it has made today a wonderful day, and it is still morning! I got to tell her about my schedule, the stressors of school and college life, my plans for the next few months, new people in my life, old people in my life, and about my very great weekend! It was great. I love my mom, and her ability and desire to listen. I hope to become half as great as her one day! Love is spelled T-I-M-E, and I know that she loves me a lot and is teaching me to love in that same way.




1 comment: