Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Snowy Days

I am a Texan through and through. I love warm weather, the hotter the better! Sunny skies, breathtaking sunsets, open fields stretching to the horizon... that's home for me. Here in Provo, it is snowing right now, and has been since last night. The sun is nowhere to be found, and my fingers, toes, and nose are icy cold. Days like these I just want to wrap up in a blanket and watch a movie, maybe doze in and out of a nap. But alas, instead I am going to 5 hours of classes, starting at 9am and going till 6:40pm, and am working on schoolwork in between. This kind of weather really makes me think about things. I am a thinker. It is one of my best qualities, as well as one of my worst. The conclusion I have come to with my thinking, is that I need to focus it on things that I can fix or work on, rather than worry or get confused about. Life just happens. Good things happen every day, and bad things happen every day. But in my book, every day is a good day if I want it to be. So regardless of the snow, regardless of my sleepy eyes, regardless of the daily stressors, today is a good day. A little hot chocolate or a good backscratching would be great, but I'll settle for a blanket and some productive studying.

Where I wish I was right now...

Reality.


No comments:

Post a Comment