Friday, August 3, 2012

One Year

Today is August 3rd. To some, it is just another day in the year, another Friday, another day of summer. But today has a bit more meaning to me. It is the year mark, from August 3, 2011.


 It was the day I went from this:


To this:


Yes, my best friend was set apart as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and was to leave for Leeds, England the following day. It was quite an adjustment, and sometimes I still feel as if I haven't fully adjusted. But, looking back, I have had quite an eventful past year! Here are some of the highlights:


          
Family Vacations

Kristen got married!


A semester with these 2 wonderful girls
Meeting Kristin!

Quality time with the sis!  
My 20th birthday with close friends
A visit from Miss Maddy!
Fulfilling my dream as in EFY counselor

Meeting Nicole!
 Various shenanigans 

 Another year with Jannette

Oh yeah... and A LOT of this:


Yes, it has been quite the year! Hopefully this next year will bring many more exciting stories, wonderful people, and fun pictures! Elder Tombs, I miss you, that I'm sure you know. But, my life here is going beautifully, and I am ready for one more year! Europe in the fall, returning to BYU in January, a summer of EFY counseling, and then I will see you in August! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment