Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Tribute to the Men

Today is Father's Day. I have been blessed with an amazing father. One who always looks out for me, physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. He is always willing to talk, goes out of his way to get me little gifts and just show he cares. He has guided me through some rough waters in my life, made me laugh uncontrollably with his stories, and taught me many things. From my dad I have learned love, forgiveness, hard work, patience, understanding, and what kind of man I am looking for someday. I love my daddy.

But, I know that while I have been blessed with a father who is still a very active part of my life, many people do not enjoy that blessing. So thank you to all you grandpas, uncles, brothers, and other dear men that are helping fill that spot that needs to be filled. I have many precious people in my life that struggle with Father's Day, due to the lack of their father in their life, so I thank you deeply for softening that hurt of this special day, and know that you are recognized for your support and love.

While our earthly father figures may all differ, we do all have a father that we can count on and shouldn't forget on this special day, or on any day for that matter; our Heavenly Father. On Father's Day, I tend to recall very tender memories and touching moments that I have shared with my earthly father, and I am so grateful for those. But I also try to be acutely aware of what my Heavenly Father has done for me throughout my life as well. He has blessed me in so many ways, so many times, both when I felt worthy of His tender mercies, and those times when I have not. He is always there for us. He wants to hear from us, so that He can help us and love us and teach us, the way our earthly father figures try to do.

Thank you, all of you wonderful men. I know I have many stellar men in my life, and I want you to know that you all do make a difference, if to nobody else, to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment