Saturday, June 29, 2013

Hearts

Hearts are an interesting part of the human body. A heart is the only instrument that still works even when it is broken. Hearts can be hardened, softened, broken, healed, given away, stolen, heavy, light, empty or full. Hearts are the vital organ that pump blood to the rest of the body, giving the body warmth and life.

Different people can have different places in your heart, some will stay and take over more of your heart, while others will leave, and sometimes take that part of your heart with them. I have many people embedded so deeply in my heart, that they cannot possibly leave without taking a huge part of it with them, whether they want it or not.

I am a very sensitive girl. I am very much lead by my heart and my feelings, moreso than logic and thoughts. My heart has taken a beating throughout my life, as I am sure most people's have; yet it still beats, it still loves, and it still feels. Sometimes I feel that being emotional is a weakness. And maybe sometimes it is. But I also feel like it is a strength.

I am a believer. A dreamer. A hoper. Hoping is courageous. When one hopes, they put their heart and soul on the line, and take a chance. They reach for things they want, knowing good and well that sometimes those things may be out of reach. That is scary. It takes courage. But in my opinion, it is totally worth it.

I love putting my heart into everything. It may cause some tears here and there, some pain and sorrow, but at least I can say I tried. That I lived and that I loved. My heart contains some scar tissue, but it is still beating, still loving, and still hoping. And I wouldn't have it any other way.


No comments:

Post a Comment